Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Surge protectors in series

On May 3, 3:23*pm, Caesar Romano wrote:
If two surge protectors are connected in series, is the amount of
surge protection available at the down-stream protector approximately
equal to the sum of the two individual protections??

I had a lightning strike and had Tripp Light units, I asked that
question to their tech support and they said yes. My Tripp light units
are also wired in such a way with added Movs for each outlet so that
on a 6 plug unit the outlet furthest from the power plug has greater
protection. But lightning can come in anywhere, 120v outlets only
cover part of your problem.