Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Storing Psint?

ransley wrote:

On May 2, 3:56*pm, Don wrote:
I've never been happy with the way paint stores over *a period of
years. *

Whenever I buy paint and store it, I'm always very meticulous about
sealing the can, as well as wiping the lid and the groove for the lid.
It seems like no matter what I do, paint always seems to eventually
rust in the can or just plain dry up. *I guess there's nothing that
can be done about the "skin" that forms.

Does anyone have any new or different ideas or some creative ways to
store paint for the long term??

Thanks!

Small jars with screw lid like mayonaise jars. Storing a can on
concrete often leads to rust, Ive had a spray can rust away to nothing
and a paint can, paint fell out when I picked it up.

On the D.I.Y. channel they say to use Teflon tape on the threads of
the jars (where the lid screws on).
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.