Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.energy
JR Weiss[_2_] JR Weiss[_2_] is offline

Default How many therms (natural gas) do you use per day (per month)?

Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coo wrote:

I used 120 therms in the past 30 days (about 4 therms per day).
HOW MANY THERMS DID YOU USE LAST MONTH?

I should note that California alots only 2 therms a day for baseline costs of
about $1.22 per therm (plus 5 cents per therm PPP Surcharge); so apparently
I'm consuming double the natural gas energy California allows (regardless of
home size or number of people) for base rates.

Does ANYONE actually use just 2 therms per day for their gas furnace and
hot-water heater for two people living in a small 1,500 sqft house?

Seattle, heat & water, 2800 sqft house (about 1800 sqft heated): My last bill
shows 3.8 therms/day last month and about 2.5 therms/day average for the past
year.

Since San Jose is considerably warmer than Seattle, I suspect you could get
close to 2 therms/day down there...