Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Road signs

Clive George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Clive George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message

Ha ha ha! Why does it have to be 'striking pink' or 'a striking
green & yellow combo'? Is that for safety reasons?

Um, wouldn't that be answered by "it's not attention seeking for
the reasons you think, it's about safety".

Then you accept that they put themselves into such dangerous
positions that they need to be far more visible than any other
traffic?

Well, if "such dangerous positions" includes "riding on the road in
accordance with the HC", maybe. Personally I'm starting to have my
doubts about the effectiveness about hi-viz, but it's recommended in
the HC, which ought to be a good enough explanation for TMH.

So, we've established that poncy coloured lycra isn't for practical
purposes, or it would be black or dark blue, and it isn't for safety
reasons or it would be hi viz.

The ones you were complaining about - 'striking pink' etc - are higher
visibility than the black or dark blue you think people should wear.
That fits the advice in the HC, so safety reasons seems entirely
reasonable.

******. 'Striking pink' or 'a striking green & yellow combo' is neither
practical nor safety compliant. Its because you like dressing up.

It's amusing that somebody who resents government interference in his
life so much is desperately keen to regulate the clothes other people
wear.

Nice try, no cigar. I'm not trying to regulate what they wear, just
establish why they wish to dress like *******.

Meanwhile we've had two lovely bike rides this weekend. Lots of people
smiling, all happy to see us - even the ones in cars who had to wait a
little bit where the road was a bit narrow.

Oh goody. Were there nice little flowers & bunny wunnies to look at? Did
you save the ickle planet?

****wit.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman