Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove exterior wall studs from stuccoed wall?

On 5/2/2009 7:15 PM spake thus:

I had similar termite problems both in the garage and in the kitchen
(I discovered them right after I bought the house -- inspection was a
fraud!). I fixed them (myself) by first removing the sheetrock and
then removing the infected potions of the studs as high as needed.

[...]

I must say that in both jobs, I did not find it necessary to remove or
damage any of the stucco.

Interesting, but I'm wondering how you secured the new framing to the
stucco. Did you just nail the stucco to the studs from the outside?
Seems like a good chance of cracking the stucco that way. (I suppose you
could drive screws instead.)

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself