Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] a2rjh@altavista.net is offline

Default Cutting a 3" cast iron pipe

On May 2, 8:26*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
"Sac Dave" wrote in message

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
. ..
I need to cut a 3" cast iron vent pipe to tie to a new PVC vent.

I am using a Milwaukee sawzall with a metal blade and it kept skidding
and wouldn't start the cut at the right place. *I then used a 4-1/2"
angle grinder with a metal blade and cut a little notch and now I can
engage with the sawzall without skidding.

However after 15 minutes of cut I don't think I am making a significant
dent at all.

I used the same sawzall and cut through copper and EMT electrical
conduits like knife through butter. *But this CI pipe I am not making any
progress.

I can't use the angle grinder there is simply not enough room around it.