Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

DGDevin wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Bush was wrong about some things.

Yeah, some things, those Iraqi WMDs for example, four and half
thousands Americans have paid for that little mistake with their
lives, not to mention three billion bucks a week for six years.

Oh, bother! Those who died were volunteers. They signed up knowing the risk
of death or injury, but sign up they did. For the opportunity to kill people
and blow things up. Just like mountain climbers or skydivers or race car
drivers accept similar risks for the thrill of the avocation.

Further, other figures confirm this observation. 85% of those who've served
in Iraq or Afghanistan re-enlist at the first opportunity. The remaining 15%
were killed, invalided out, retired, or married harridans.

And our nation benefited. Fully every commander now in uniform - from
sergeant to 4-star general has led troops in combat. The tip of the spear is
polished to an unbelievable gloss.

No, our warrior class trained to be there, they want to be there, they NEED
to be there. For their family. For their country. For honor's sake. For
glory's sake. They march. Into the Hot Gates they march, where Xerxes hordes
count for nothing...