Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Which end of roof tv antenna toward station

Steve Barker wrote:
Jimw wrote:
I bought a used rooftop tv antenna at a garage sale so there are no
instructions. I know how to mount it and connect the coax, but I do
not recall which end points toward the tv station transmitter.

I know the UHF elements are the smaller ones and the VHF are the
larger ones. But which end goes toward the station? Here is a crude
drawing (below).

\\\\\\
--
//////

You'd think there would be a diagram on the web, but I sure can not
find one. They should mark it right on the antenna but they dont.

Jimw

www.dishnetwork.com

Not everyone can spare that kind of money every month, especially these
days. And even if you can, a roof antenna as a backup is still a good
idea. (not to mention Dish still doesn't offer local channels in all
markets.)

--
aem sends...