Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default Storing Psint?

DanG wrote:
I've had good luck storing paint upside down. I know some others
that swear by inserting a gas like propane to displace the oxygen
just before sealing the can.

I use the upside down trick too, but before putting the lid in place I
hold the tilted can right next to the exhaust pipe of an idling car to
fill it with oxygen-less gasses, then quickly slap the lid on and pound
it closed.

A professional painter showed me that technique almost 60 years ago. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)