Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which end of roof tv antenna toward station

On 5/2/2009 7:00 AM cshenk spake thus:

"HeyBub" wrote

Jimw wrote:

not recall which end points toward the tv station transmitter.

Forget theory. Which direction gets the best reception?

LOL! Ya beat me to it! Until I saw folks taking this seriously I was kinda
thinking it was a joke post. Must be a 'man thing' there ;-)

Real method, put up antenna but don't bolt tight yet. Turn antenna bit bit
by bit until the best location is determined. Tighten bolts so it stays
there.

I just did exactly this for one of my clients a couple days ago: I
climbed on roof, grabbed antenna and moved it while she went inside and
checked TV, came out and said "Better!" or "Worse!" until it was
optimal. (Fortunately, she only watches one TV station for the most
part, making it easy to adjust.)

I hate climbing on roofs, by the way.

--
Save the Planet