Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
SNIP

Who says they are "unlawful enemy combatants"? Regardless, they
are entitled

The U.S. government asserts this because they: a) Engaged in combat
upon
our civilians and our military troops,

Except some of them were not, they were shopped to the U.S. by Afghan
warlords looking to collect rewards for Taliban or Al Qaeda fighters and
said warlords' motivation was getting paid, that and maybe settling a
personal or tribal grudge too. Many residents of Gitmo are without question
rat-******* terrorists and guerillas, and some were just in the wrong place
at the wrong time and were held for years even when their captors had
long-since figured that out. Legalities aside, when did we decide that
simple human decency was something we no longer cared about?