Martin Angove

Default Best method for wiring up recessed lights

In message ,
Lurch wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:42:36 +0100, Martin Angove
strung together this:

The problem with this though is that it breaks the OSG 50mm rule and so
*should* be mechanically protected to stop someone banging a nail
through it at some future date.

Which bit? I assume you mean the notching the underside of the joists,
I meant do it properly with mechanical protection of some sort over
it, (or should that be under it?), sorry for not clarifying.

Yes, sorry, the notching. As a matter of interest, what would you use
for protection? The only thing I've found which is anything like useful
is a galvanised plate from TLC. The main problem with this is that it
obviously has a thickness and sometimes it can be tricky making good
afterwards if it sticks out from the joist (or whatever).

On the whole I find drilling the more satisfying option, but sometimes
(possibly as here) it just isn't practical.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Oh no not again. That Holodeck is always breaking down. - Picard.