Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Some wadding for rcw's life support. (deliberately long)

On Fri, 01 May 2009 17:01:00 -0700, woodturner wrote:

Last year I sold a Chinese Ball made from alternative ivory
for $500.00. I donated a second one to the local Senior Center for their
fund raising auction. I valued the ball at $500.00. They ask if I could
furnish some of my books to help increase the value of the display. Well
the books sell for over $100.00 normally, but they sold the ball and the
books for only $70.00 at the auction.

That's sickening. I'm not good enough (yet) to sell/donate turnings, but
if/when I am I think my giveaways will be restricted to friends :-).