Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default 50 tools everyone should own

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"The Ranger" wrote in message
. ..
mike wrote in message
A *quality* studfinder also better belongs on the top 50 than a combo
wrench (aready have socket set and adjustable wrench on the list).

Oh, and earmuffs are not tools. That makes room for a digging bar on
the top 50.

Bowsaw?! Who uses a bowsaw still? Talk about a USELESS tool.

The Ranger

I use mine a couple of times a year for tree trimming. For a small branch
or two, faster than getting out the chain saw.

I find mine to be almost useless, for anything except dried out dead
branches. It is sharp and well-waxed, but still binds up in green wood
at less than blade depth. I don't have enough land to justify a real
chain saw, but the toy electric one I bought for 15 bucks at a garage
sale has come in very handy. McCullough, I think. Suppose I need to get
a file and jig to touch it up, once it gets a few more hours on it.

--
aem sends...