Posted to alt.home.repair
frezzstat30 frezzstat30 is offline

Default WB13T10047

frezzstat30 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...47-370935-.htm :

when you turn burner on .will it spark at the electrode?
-------------------------------------
Doug Miller wrote:

In article
,
Deodiaus wrote:
I have a kitchen gas stove which does not seem to spark properly.
I have ordered and replaced the WB13T10047 spark module twice
from 2
different suppliers I found online (D&D Appliance Parts and
www.repairclinic.com)
..
The stove seems simple enough, so I think spark module is the only
thing that could go wrong.
I suspect that both suppliers are using either refurbished or gray
market goods. How would I verify this?
Do you think I am wrong or just have had an incredible streak of
bad
luck or can't fix a stove?

I don't mean to be nasty, but consider the balance of probabilities.
Which is
more likely: *two* *different* vendors sold you the same defective
part, or
you guessed wrong about the nature of the problem?

I was going to say, "you misdiagnosed the problem", but you
don't appear to
have performed any actual diagnosis: "seems simple enough, so
[you] think
spark module is the only thing that could go wrong..." isn't
diagnosis. That's
guessing.

I know which of the two probabilities *I* think is more likely.

Do some actual diagnosis before you throw more money away. Get a
multimeter
and see if there's current at the spark module. Make sure the wires to
and
from the spark module are good.