Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Power Wash Redwood Fence?

On May 1, 8:05*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:39:19 -0700 (PDT), woods
wrote:

I have a redwood fence that has quite a bit of green moss growing on
it in quite a few places. *(From watering the flowers I suspect). *My
wife wants me to power wash the moss off the fence, but I have some
concerns about how good this is for the redwood. *The fence was built
in 1961, so the wood is getting quite old. *The boards on the fence
are 1 X 8. *Does anybody have an opinion on this?

Use Jomax (a detergent) *to clean your fence. *Power wash can damage
wood.

Correction: power washing *will* damage something as soft as redwood.

There is a zinc compound that is good for moss. I forget what you call
it but remember google is your friend.

Jimmie