Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default WB13T10047

In article , Deodiaus wrote:
I have a kitchen gas stove which does not seem to spark properly.
I have ordered and replaced the WB13T10047 spark module twice from 2
different suppliers I found online (D&D Appliance Parts and
www.repairclinic.com)
..
The stove seems simple enough, so I think spark module is the only
thing that could go wrong.
I suspect that both suppliers are using either refurbished or gray
market goods. How would I verify this?
Do you think I am wrong or just have had an incredible streak of bad
luck or can't fix a stove?

I don't mean to be nasty, but consider the balance of probabilities. Which is
more likely: *two* *different* vendors sold you the same defective part, or
you guessed wrong about the nature of the problem?

I was going to say, "you misdiagnosed the problem", but you don't appear to
have performed any actual diagnosis: "seems simple enough, so [you] think
spark module is the only thing that could go wrong..." isn't diagnosis. That's
guessing.

I know which of the two probabilities *I* think is more likely.

Do some actual diagnosis before you throw more money away. Get a multimeter
and see if there's current at the spark module. Make sure the wires to and
from the spark module are good.