Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default 50 tools everyone should own

On May 1, 12:21*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 1 May 2009 12:08:45 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On May 1, 2:58*pm, mike wrote:
On May 1, 11:01*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

By the editors of Popular Mechanics

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4314786.html

I'd add:

* Fein Multimaster or its clone
* Pencil
* ????

Your suggestions?

I suggest they take the non-tool items off the list: *Goggles? *Dust
Mask? *Oh brother. *Why not underwear?

I'd replace the nearly useless coping saw with a powered miter saw
anyday.

I'd replace the nearly useless coping saw with a powered miter saw
anyday.

Coping saws are far from useless. It all depends on the types of
projects your work on. I use one quite often for making fine cuts in
fiberglass and other materials.

* * * * I also use both. *They don't really compete any more than a
screwdriver competes with a utility knife.- Hide quoted text -

I'm not saying anything about direct competition or substitution. I'm
just saying they should make room on the list for other tools that
better qualify for the top 50.