Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default News Server Problem - or - Has This Group Gone Quiet?

there are a range of free servers, that you can easily subscribe to - they
include teranews and motzarella.org among others. And there are some pay by
the month (or year) servers as well that may offer superiour service and
more binaries. Personally, the two I listed meet my needs

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:010520090022387784%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , charlieb
wrote:

Activity here seems to have dropped off quite a bit. Is my news server
not getting most messages - or is everyone out enjoying the nice
weather?

Some of the state (cough, New York, cough) AG's in the US of A decided
about a year ago that binary newsgroups were Evil Incarnate and
pressured the major US ISPs to drop them For the Children's Sake
Because There Are Millions of Predators Online AND I NEED TO BE
REELECTED GODDAMIT.

Will NOBODY think of the CHILDREN?

So you're left with those of us who live in countries whose politicos
have found that ****ing bandwagon yet, or people who are clueful
enought to tell the spineless ISPs to go **** themselves, and moved to
new providers.