Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
sweet sawdust sweet sawdust is offline

Default Some wadding for rcw's life support. (deliberately long)

"Leon" wrote in message

"sweet sawdust" wrote in message
.. .

It happens all the time to me but then again I do this as a business.
If I
don't want to sell to some one I quote a price high enough that I would
be very happy to get. Oddly I often get that job.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

It is not the value of the item/labor but the perceived value of it that
matters. I have a toy that I would be happy selling for $12, I cannot
sell them at that price but putting a $26 price on them makes them sell
very well indeed.

Maybe you don't value your skill/time as much as the customer does.

Perhaps not but I suspect the customer that bites at the higher price has
been quoted much higher prices for the same reason.

And that is where you get stuck, Your good at what you do, you quote a high
but fair price, the customer see's fair value, and there you go. I have
overpriced jobs to the point I feel guilty and still gotten them.