Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots can kill you

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:43:24 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

snip
doesn't it rain in Grand Rapids?

modern cars use the AC to dehumidify the air when you run the defroster -
it
really makes a huge difference.

I've been averaging around 2000 miles per year lately. My
1982 truck (that I bought new) only has ~132000 miles on it.
Do you really think that air conditioning would be a
worthwhile investment for me? ;-)

I walk around ~5000 miles per year, It would make more sense
to put my money into shoes.

no need to fix that which isn't broke - my post was in response to your
statement about not wanting AC because it was not useful - my point was that
even if you didn't want it for cooling, it had another use on modern cars.