Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LBledsoe LBledsoe is offline

Default Well, let's talk about my new DVR

I have had my new Nova about a month now and have done half dozen
projects so far. I can't believe how smooth it is. I can get a finish
off the gouge that requires very little sanding. Never could do that
with old 1642 Jet,or any other belt drive machine.

I don't get anymore shaking with an out of balance piece than I did with
the old lathe. The lighter weight of the Nova has not been a problem, in
fact is an asset.

It's Derby time here in Kentucky, so my most of my time has been devoted
to lawn care, emptying out the greenhouse and planting the flower
gardens. So my pride and joy of wood turning is getting a little rest.
Give me a couple more weeks and the shavings will be flying again.

I would certainly recommend the DVR to anyone that is serious about wood
turning. It has a smaller footprint, great speed control, offset banjo
and it even sounds good. I could go on and on.

L Bledsoe