Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Memory Lane, slightly OT

Jim Stewart wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

No one here has ever played with any Data General computers? How
about Prime? National Semiconductor? Metrodata? Intel Multibus? How
about VME/VXI?

Hell yes. I worked as a bench tech debugging
Nova hard disk controllers and shoehorned an
Eclipse into an electron beam lithography system,
Also designed a digital interface to said Eclipse.

I had the removable cartridge hard drive, and a nine track tape drive
in the Nova system I junked.

I designed a Multibus natural voice speech playback
system used in all the LLNL secure area entry points.

Sounds like fun!