Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Memory Lane, slightly OT

charlie wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote:
No one here has ever played with any Data General computers?

Oh, yes. I learned BASIC programming in high school on a DG Nova II, with
whopping 8K of ferrite-core memory. The only I/O device was a teletype
equipped with a paper tape reader/punch. I have fond memories of rebooting
the
box by entering the bootstrap loader, one word at a time, through the
switches
on the front panel.

that's exactly like the wang i used in high school. it also had 8k of core
memory, but had 4 asr33's connected and could run 4 programs at the same
time. i have the same bootstrap memories, but they weren't fond at the time.

Was it running Lawrence Hall of Science BASIC
by any chance?