Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Ride on mower manual?

In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
John Rumm explained :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I was a bit short on detail in my last post, so I'll try again...
I have just bought a s/h MTD Yardman Lawnflite 14HP ride on mower,
a model TA 4140 for which I am seeking a copy of the operator manual
- though any information at all would be very welcome as at the
moment as I have absolutely none.

I have got a Lawnflite, but not a Yardman version, so I don't know
how much (if any) similarity there is. What do you want to know?
There was not much of interest in the manual for mine, beyond reams
of H&S stuff that you can workout for yourself, and what each control does.

Anything of use he

http://www.lawnflite.co.uk/manual_downloads.html

Thanks to both responders....

I cannot seem to find a manual on either site, it doesn't seem to like
the TA 4140 nor an 11 digit number which it asks for, which I found on
a label on the unit.

I'm just a bit unsure of how it should be driven - as in I'm stalling
it rather a lot. It is a 7 speed + reverse. I come to a stop going
forward hold the brake on and move the F/N/R lever to reverse and it
stalls and the same when trying to go forward again. If I don't touch
the brake, just move the F/N/R lever it doesn't stall, but surely I
ought to be able to hold it on the brake?

Engaging and lowering the cutter also seems a bit vicious and almost
stalls it unless the throttle is set for full speed.

No insults intended, Harry, but I'm a bit sensitive to missing manual
enquiries for items regularly of interest to the *asset movers*.

I don't know anything about the Lawnflite but I do have a recent ride on
mower infested with safety cut outs. Basically if you try to do anything
which might be hazardous the engine cuts out!

There is an *under seat* switch which cuts the ignition if you attempt
to get off the m/c with the cutter engaged. To reverse with the cutter
engaged the ignition switch has to be on the correct setting. You can't
dump grass with the cutter engaged, no start without brake on, etc.

regards

--
Tim Lamb