Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default concrete driveway.

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Chris Hill wrote:

I'm thinking of having at least part of our gravel driveway
concreted. My question is, what should I ask for?

I'm wanting to do this because the driveway has a small slope down
from the road then back up toward the house, with a slope down to the
driveway on one side. The gravel keeps puddling, and after our
record rains this has become a real problem. The biggest thing that
sits on the driveway is a diesel pickup weighing in at around 7,000
pounds.

How thick a slab should we get, how much reinforcing, etc. The area
I want to do is about two cars (maybe 15 feet wide, and probably
30-40 feet long.

Any info appreciated.

CH

I'm just curious, how is concrete going to stop the puddling? I think
what you really need is drainage.

How do you drain gravel?

With a french drain.