Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
charlie charlie is offline

Default Memory Lane, slightly OT

"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote in message
On a shelf above my desk, I have an abacus, my high school slide rule,
my mom's Comptometer, a plug-board from an IBM card sorter, an
Add-O-Meter, an LSI-11, a cylindrical slide rule, one of Ben
Scheiderman's keyboard keycaps (he felt keyboards were obsolete, and
used to toss keycaps into the audience at talks), a Unix food container
(it is -- or at least was -- a brand of tupperware-like containers in
Japan with no known relevance to Unix), and a Compaq Concerto laptop.

I need to replace the Concerto with my Digi-Comp I (after replacing
springs on the Digi-Comp). I've also got some of Grace Hopper's
nanoseconds that need to be appropriately displayed.

i lost my nanoseconds a few moves ago, but count myself lucky i got to hear
some of her talks in the pentagon in the mid-70s.