Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Memory Lane, slightly OT

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

No one here has ever played with any Data General computers?

Oh, yes. I learned BASIC programming in high school on a DG Nova II, with a
whopping 8K of ferrite-core memory. The only I/O device was a teletype
equipped with a paper tape reader/punch. I have fond memories of rebooting the
box by entering the bootstrap loader, one word at a time, through the switches
on the front panel.

I might still have the front panel, somewhere. I junked it years ago,
and donated the racks to a Christian TV station I was building. I lost
a couple rental warehouses in 2002, when I got sick & lost my job when
my employer was bought out.