Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Memory Lane, slightly OT

I took pretty much the same route and I've still got my Curta. But, my
first true digital computer was a single board uncased SYM, a 6502
processor machine with 2K of RAM and a hex display.

I used the Curta mostly for competing in sports car
"time-speed-distance" rallies, and cranked it automatically with a
single revolution motorized drive. I've still got the Curta (with a hole
in the center of it's bottom cover) and the drive/hundredth of a mile
odometer box. G

See center photo he

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/rallying.html

Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff

NICE navigators board. I used something similar but had a different
readout for the mileage. Of course I also did my driving a few decades
after you. Although Pre-GPS and cell phone.

--
Steve W.