Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ride on mower manual?

John Rumm explained :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I was a bit short on detail in my last post, so I'll try again...

I have just bought a s/h MTD Yardman Lawnflite 14HP ride on mower, a model
TA 4140 for which I am seeking a copy of the operator manual - though any
information at all would be very welcome as at the moment as I have
absolutely none.

I have got a Lawnflite, but not a Yardman version, so I don't know how much
(if any) similarity there is. What do you want to know? There was not much of
interest in the manual for mine, beyond reams of H&S stuff that you can
workout for yourself, and what each control does.

Anything of use he

http://www.lawnflite.co.uk/manual_downloads.html

Thanks to both responders....

I cannot seem to find a manual on either site, it doesn't seem to like
the TA 4140 nor an 11 digit number which it asks for, which I found on
a label on the unit.

I'm just a bit unsure of how it should be driven - as in I'm stalling
it rather a lot. It is a 7 speed + reverse. I come to a stop going
forward hold the brake on and move the F/N/R lever to reverse and it
stalls and the same when trying to go forward again. If I don't touch
the brake, just move the F/N/R lever it doesn't stall, but surely I
ought to be able to hold it on the brake?

Engaging and lowering the cutter also seems a bit vicious and almost
stalls it unless the throttle is set for full speed.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)