Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

On Apr 30, 11:13*am, wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:20:00 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

Sure they will, just put your cable modem and whatever equipment is
provided for the VOIP onto a UPS. *I don't have phone service at all
but I do leave my cable modem on a UPS, saves me having to wait 2-3
minutes to reconnect when the power momentarily drops out while I'm
web surfing. *(my puter is a laptop, SWMBO's is also on a UPS.)

From my experience the cable (Comcast) goes out when the power goes
out and if it is storm related the cable is the last thing *to be
restored. TV may take a day or two, data has been more like a week. I
run a web site hat updates once a minute so I know how often the cable
modem is out, even on a sunny day. That is why I got rid of my cable
modem...
... I have never lost POTS service in a hurricane and my Western
Electric phones will be OK after the nuclear holocaust.
DSL failures are very seldom and of very short durations, based on my
logs.

My Comcast neighborhood infrastructure is their latest version, they
updated the whole town last month, Internet speed is tripled over the
already fast previous speed. We all have business class speed now. I
also verified that I have phone service during a power outage, several
times, by actually experiencing it, the line stays up. All these
crazy posts for a simple question about a phone recommendation are
ridiculous. So what if I want a cordless land-line phone to work
during a power outage? IMO thats not asking much. I HAVE a wired
phone, but I want to replace my cordless units with something with
this simple feature, sheesh.