Posted to alt.home.repair
Lefty[_2_] Lefty[_2_] is offline

Default (Pools) removing old flex tubing

Hair dryer and liquid dish soap in a spray bottle??

wrote in message
I recently fixed up some tubing around my pool filter, and I had a bit
of a struggle removing some old flex tubing -- It seemed to be on
quite tight. For this task I was able to take a small saw, and cut
the tubing, but even then, I had to apply quite a bit of force to
remove it. It got me to thinking that there must be a better way of
removing the tubing -- some sort of trade trick that I don't know
about.

The reason I'm concerned is that my next task is to replace some
tubing on the solar pannels on the roof -- and suffice to say, I'm not
bringing a saw or knife anywhere close to those pannels. I also don't
have the leverage up there to pull with all my might, so I'm wondering
if anyone can suggest a good trick. (I'm thinking WD40, but I'm not
sure if that will melt the plastic...).

Thanks

John