Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Power Wash Redwood Fence?

In article
,
woods wrote:

I have a redwood fence that has quite a bit of green moss growing on
it in quite a few places. (From watering the flowers I suspect). My
wife wants me to power wash the moss off the fence, but I have some
concerns about how good this is for the redwood. The fence was built
in 1961, so the wood is getting quite old. The boards on the fence
are 1 X 8. Does anybody have an opinion on this?

Are you kidding? This is usenet. Not that you would know anything about
that, since you think it's a google group you're posting to. *Everyone*
has an opinion. Mine is that if the moss bothers your wife, she's the
one who ought to do something about it. Moss adds character, says I.

Meanwhile you should just crack open another beer and call one of those
adult entertainers from craigslist to come over and keep you company.