Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Rusling Jim Rusling is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

RickH wrote:

snip
My wife "has to have" a cordless phones. I do have a wired phone in
the basement. I just thought since I have to replace my old cordless
phones anyway I'd get something that will work for 911 in a power
outage. I dont really care about electronic features, just if it
continues to work without power.

I have an older Vtech that has a battery in the base unit. The main
problem is that it only last about 3 or 4 hours. I just have the base
unit plugged into the UPS that supports my computers. The UPS will
last a long time if I turn the computers off. If you need one that
will work longer than that, you can use a deep cycle battery with an
inverter, or just get a generator.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired