Posted to alt.home.repair
Reed Reed is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Reed wrote:

RickH wrote:
Can anyone recommend a cordless phone system that will work during a
power failure? I guess the base unit would have to have a battery as
well as the handsets. I checked the Staples and OfficeMax big box
office supply stores, but all their phones fail in a power outage as
none have base-unit batteries.

Frankly I think it should be against the law to sell a cordless phone
that wont work in a power outage, but thats beside the point.

Has anyone seen a base-battery cordless phone system readily available
from the usual big box stores in the US?

A little work with Google found this model that claims "battery backup
for power failure"

http://www.amazon.com/EP5995-Expanda.../dp/B000FCA0K8

yabbit, I think that's just a memory back-up that keeps your clock set
and your messages intact for when the power is restored.

from the user manual at:
http://telephones.att.com/docMgt/pub...manual__r2.pdf

"In the event of a power failure, the charged battery pack in the base
will allow you to make and receive calls from the cordless handset for
up to three hours."

Sadly, it is a "special" battery pack