Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Installing a new water heater over a porcelain tile floor

wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:43:34 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

ransley wrote:
On Apr 27, 5:01 pm, Ray K wrote:
Should I put a piece of plywood (or something with a little "give")
under the new heater? My concern is that if I don't install the four
12x12" tiles under the heater so they are all the same height, the
weight of the filled 50-gallon heater might crack the highest tile. My
thought is to distribute the weight of the heater more evenly.

I'm not sure if a drip pan is a solution.

Thanks for your advice.

Ray
Dont forget a plastic drain tray with hose leading to a drain, save
headaches when it fails, extra wood cant hurt.

Hmmm,
Since tank is not moving around, I'd put 3 hockey pucks under each leg.

3 under EACH? Kinda high and rocky, I'd think one under each would do
the job just fine.

Hmmm,
Sorry, that's what I meant.