Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Memory Lane, slightly OT

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Ivan Vegvary wrote:
How many of you have taken this road? Those that have know what I'm
talking about.

Slide Rule, Marchant, Friden, Monroe, Curta, HP35, HP45, HP67, HP95,
Wang, IBM PC, DOS, IBM XT, $395 for 64K Ram card, VisiCald, Wordstar
modern day PCs and CAD programs.

We had a Wang calculator at work. A 3 foot cube full of boards, and 4
consoles with nixie tune displays on them.
Jon

I bought my Wang used from an engineering competitor. It had an IBM
selectric input/output, along with a flatbed plotter. Two Memorex floppy
drives were attached. One of the flopies (not the drive) went bad and had
to buy a new disc. $ 800 for an 8" floppy (yes, they were floppy in those
days) that had a capacity of about 160K.

Ivan Vegvary