Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default posthole spade or post hole auger/borer?

"Dave Starling" wrote in message

yeh, but you need to be built like a brick sh*thouse to wield one like
that for sustained periods! I've got a 5ft long bar that has a 2 inch
tamper on one end and a chisel point on the other. The chisel softens
up the contents of the hole to make removal with a post spade much
easier.

I used a 1m 22 mm dia masonry drill last time I had some hard stony ground
to get through.
I also have a post hole digger and it is really easy to get the stuff out.

Once you get below a foot deep, you can forget using a trowel unless
you like digging whilst laying on your belly. May as well be using a
spoon.

Dave.