Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Apr 28, 4:40 pm, RickH wrote:

Frankly I think it should be against the law to sell a cordless phone
that wont work in a power outage, but thats beside the point.

You're awfully eager for some level of government to interfere in a
private transaction.

Man up and get an old phone. In a pinch, the handset can be used
to inflict blunt-force trauma on an intruder.

Cindy Hamilton

I agree. Garage sale season is starting, there should still be a few
real Ma Bell phones floating around out there. Personally, I hate
cordless phones, and would never pay money for one. I have enough
vintage phones in a crate downstairs to last longer than I will, so no
way will I buy something that will last 5 years if I am lucky. I have a
real phone in every room but the can.

--
aem sends...