Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Tub Surrounds

On Apr 29, 6:52*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
I'm contemplating getting a sectional tub surround. *I knew they were in the
cheap-ish range, but then I discovered some up almost to a thousand bucks *-
had always considered them more a a budget item, but I guess they can get
fancy too.

Any opinions/tips/perspective on five-piece surround kits?

Jon

The more pieces the more future leaks. Bonding all the parts to the
substrate and to each other takes some skill and first class
materials. Done well, you could get reasonable service from the
installation, but IMO it is risky if you have teens in the household.
Shop carefully, as a premium price doesn't always equate to the best
project.

Joe