Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

On Apr 28, 3:55*pm, "EXT" wrote:
RickH wrote:
Can anyone recommend a cordless phone system that will work during a
power failure? *I guess the base unit would have to have a battery as
well as the handsets. *I checked the Staples and OfficeMax big box
office supply stores, but all their phones fail in a power outage as
none have base-unit batteries.

Frankly I think it should be against the law to sell a cordless phone
that wont work in a power outage, but thats beside the point.

Has anyone seen a base-battery cordless phone system readily available
from the usual big box stores in the US?

It is recommended that you always have a hard wired phone available
somewhere in the house for emergencies, as you found, cordless don't work
without power and they also fail frequently. A hard wired phone can be real
cheap to buy but a lifesaver.

My wife "has to have" a cordless phones. I do have a wired phone in
the basement. I just thought since I have to replace my old cordless
phones anyway I'd get something that will work for 911 in a power
outage. I dont really care about electronic features, just if it
continues to work without power.