Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Looking for Long Life Pilot Lamp

On Apr 27, 10:58*pm, frank1492 wrote:
I will be mounting this externally in view of the neighbor's house on
a seasonal cottage. I make few trips there in the winter, *but would
like to have the neighbor (all year round resident) be easily able to
tell me if my power is off. (He has a phone, there is none at the
cottage.)
* * What should I use, neon, led,etc? It needs to be wall mountable,
and be easily seen, though it need not be very bright or large.
* * Suggestions appreciated. I just want to be sure it has a long
life so a burnt-out bulb won't be confused with no power.
* * Thanks in advance.
* * * * *Frank

There are LED lamps that just screw into a regular 120 vac Edison
Socket. I saw some the other day for about $8USD. Just screw into your
porch light socket. They use about 1 watt and there light output is
the equivalent to a 20 watt incandescent bulb.

Jimmie