Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub Surrounds

On Apr 29, 6:52*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
I'm contemplating getting a sectional tub surround. *I knew they were in the
cheap-ish range, but then I discovered some up almost to a thousand bucks *-
had always considered them more a a budget item, but I guess they can get
fancy too.

Any opinions/tips/perspective on five-piece surround kits?

Jon

Look for ones that have the seams facing away from the bathroom, That
way, if there are any small discontinuities, they won't be visible to
the general public. Look carefully at the backing, those with big air
gaps/ voids will be harder to put up without feeling cheap if you
touch the surround. You don't want things to be flexible.