Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Neighbor's dead tree is leaning against my oak and threatening to fall on my property

wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:36:08 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

A situation like this is the MOST dangerous tree situation there is
- so far as taking down the tree. Many professionals would not touch
this except with a bucket truck and/or heavy equipment. So don't
even think of this as being a do-it-yourself project!

With that said, a professional tree service would need to be called
to safely remove the tree. And this would be quite expensive.

And either your neighbor has the money to pay for this or they don't.

If they don't have the money to pay for this, then there is nothing
they can do! Period, end of story!

So I suppose if that is the case and you want safety for your kids,
then you would need to pay for it.

I suppose if it got to that, you could contact an attorney and have
the attorney arrange a repayment contract with the neighbor or some
other legal means of getting your money back.

If the neighbor dosn't have the ability to pay for the work, it would
be smart to let the city handle it at that point. They will take the
tree down and attach a lien on the property until the bill is paid.

But, if the tree is now in the OP's yard, he may receive the bill.