Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Zenith model P42W46X very weird

On analog cable, the set comes on with good audio but there is no
picture, just a bunch of thin vertical colored lines which change and
are sort of "modulated" horizontally in density and color by the video
information. The entire display also seems to exhibit the illusion of
moving vertically at the same time. Not a vertical roll though. The
best way to describe what I'm seeing is if you imagine your're riding
in a vehicle that has an open floor so that you can see the road. The
"lines" breathe horizontally while the road rushes by under you. Very
weird. Has anyone seen this symptom on this set which I'm describing?
Thanks, Lenny