Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default The NEW Drill Press

"Leon" wrote in message
I will say that the DP was well packed but not from the stand point of
having to "unpack".

I've always wondered why most manufacturers don't include a little
additional engineering in their products ~ engineering in their packaging
I'm talking about. I remember buying a colour Xerox printer some five or six
years ago. The box with printer was over 80 lbs and far to bulky for me to
handle from my chair. But, it didn't matter in the least.

Once the box was placed where you wanted it, several clips were released at
the base of the box and you lifted the sides away. Removing the rest of the
heavily reinforced cardboard base involved raising each corner of the
printer a half inch or so and sliding that corner away. Since that time,
I've yet to come across any other packaging so well engineered and easy to
use. And even better, once the printer was fully unpackaged and ready to
use, I found the printer itself to be equally as well engineered when it
came to form and function. I don't impress very easily, but this packaging
did it with ease.

Of course, heavy iron is in a different category, but the situation is
similar.