Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default The NEW Drill Press

Leon wrote:
"DGDevin" wrote in message

I've have been tempted to assemble it horizontally on the floor and then
use a pulley to hoist it vertical, but maybe with at least one more guy to
help. Hmmmm, this sounds like good justification for a chain-hoist
installation: "Honey, it's for safety, you want us to be safe, right?"

I thought about assembling it with it laying down but the base being on the
larger platform and it being on the wider mobile base seemed to present
possible problems.

I did mine horizontally with no problems... different press and
different base though.

Fun post to read, thanks.

It was a fun post. Next time though, use a few line feeds... they are
cheap and are easier on these old eyes...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com