Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Somedays you just blow it.

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:35:37 -0400, Wes wrote:

So I start to get a clue, go back to my tool box, grab a 5/16 hex key and notice that that
fits a 12 mm shcs fine. I proceeded to learn that a 1/2-13 screw will screw into a 12 mm
nut just fine but a 12mm screw will not screw into a 1/2-13 nut. Argh!

It was Monday.

Wes

To add insult to injury, I have a proportion of my collection of BSW, BSF and
UNF SHCSs that _really do_ have metric heads. This wasn't unheard of with
European agricultural machinery manufacturers a few years back. Doesn't cause
too much of a problem, if the imperial Allen keys don't quite fit, the metric
ones get tried just in case.

Mark Rand
RTFM