Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default long term reliablity computer boards

Ok, and exactly how relevant are those features to the day to day
operation of this class of machine? We're talking old used retrofitted
iron here, not the latest $1M machining centers. Nearly all of what you
indicated is only relevant to one time setup. I believe Mach3 can also
read encoder positions in some configurations so it does get to see the
"real" position, but even so, that makes little difference for this
class of control and machine. You're trying to put a Ferrari engine in a
Chevy truck.

Your last sentence has the difference. A Galil based control is easily
better than the original control. These old machines have just as good iron
as today's brand new ones. They just need a top notch control, not a chevy.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Karl