Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default posthole spade or post hole auger/borer?

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, eden wrote:
I need to dig 5 holes for 1m high picket fence - which of these tools
works most effectively?

Also is concreting them def the best option to do as opposed to packed
gravel/earth?

I see other more knowledgeable replies than I could muster, but...

Is there a reason you couldn't just bash the posts in with a fencing
maul?

--
Mike Barnes

OK for agricultural fence posts which are tough (being rounded off bits of
tree) and have a point at one end, though proper post thumpers are better.
Picket fence is likely to use a sawn post with a square end.